Sunday 10 May 2015

Mother's Day Tote Bag

Marni of Haberdashery Fun posted a tutorial for Asymmetrical Color Block Totes over at Sew Mama Sew recently and it looked like a fun design. I said, ooh, who has a birthday coming up?, as I have a lot of bags already, and was quickly reminded Mother's Day was coming up.

The pattern makes a small tote bag and was a pretty quick sew. I used two fat quarters of Botanics for the top. I've been saving the teal one for some sort of wearable project, so I thought this bag would be perfect. The grey bottom is an unidentified sale fabric and the lining is a quilting cotton in a lighter teal-green from my stash. The colours aren't quite right in the photos.

I liked the pattern, it was easy to follow with step-by-step pictures. I did forget to reinforce the handles (oops) and in the future might increase the measurements for a bigger bag.





After making this one, I decided I may need another big bag for school and things, so stay tuned for another post this week!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Thanks for sharing your tote - the colors and prints are awesome.

    ReplyDelete