Sunday 12 April 2015

Grandma's Jelly Roll Race

Here's a quilt that my Grandma sewed up, using a jelly roll of Zen Chic's Barcelona line. She used one jelly roll plus the borders, so the quilt measures about 70 x 75. It's a wedding gift for one of her nieces - bright and colourful! She worked hard to finish it before flying out for the wedding. She pieced it, then we worked together to baste it so that I could quilt it for her. Then she finished it off with the binding. For the quilting, I went with the same rounded rectangle pattern I used on the baby quilt. I got into a bit of a flow there for a while, I'm making progress on this free-motion quilting thing!




The outer border is one of my favourite fabrics. I've used it before too, in a quilt and a bag.


It has quite the wild orange back :)

1 comment:

  1. It looks great!! The quilting is fabulous. I love that pattern! I was actually thinking about using that in the square block strip portion of the Nod to Gees Bend quilt! I Congrats on a beautiful finish! Hey - there are pictures posted of the linen ;)

    ReplyDelete